Saturday, September 15, 2012

30 Days of Making: Day 15

So the below pattern (which I tried really hard to get an accurate photo of but not sure I succeeded... I may repost a better one tomorrow in the daylight) is inspired by my afternoon in Malibu. I was looking at the water and how the little lines of breaking waves recede and how there are little shimmers of orange everywhere from the sun... So I made an abstract pattern out of it.

Yeah. I went there.

I just wish I knew how to print on fabrics because I want to put these shimmery little colors all over my body or the wall or the window or my couch so I can always pretend I am in Malibu with the taste of salty air on my tongue and the cool breeze soothing the hot mess the weather inland has made of me and crisp water and rich surfer dudes everywhere

Yeah I have to stop that's gonna become a run-on at some point.

Ah, Malibu.


No comments:

Post a Comment